Hi there! I’m Kami, the creator and writer of Living Grace. I’m so glad you’ve stopped by!
My husband and I live in the beauty of southern Oregon with our dog (slash baby) Tooka, and I am constantly soaking up the clouds, hills, and nature all around. I’m a small-town girl who values real-talk, is obsessed with cloud-graced skies, and will never have had enough mangoes and tacos in her diet.
I began this blog several years ago as a journal outlet, but it has flourished into so much more. It became the place where my love for writing and passion for encouraging others melded into one. It’s also where I began to process a life of fighting chronic illness.
What I Write About:
For the past few years I’ve been treating chronic Lyme disease and they’ve undoubtedly been the most challenging years of my life. It’s led me to write about how I navigate this life of debilitating illness, including how it affects my marriage, relationships, dreams and day-to-day living.
In an effort to raise awareness, I share various ways others can support the chronically ill in their lives and communities. You’ll also find me writing about some of the other things I’m passionate about: healing from miscarriage, my favorite non-toxic products, being the good in the world, and whatever else tugs at my heart strings.
What You Can Expect:
I write here about once a week, sometimes twice. There are weeks my health derails my plans, but I’m learning to accept it and do the best I can! I send out an email each time a post goes live and you can join that list HERE.
Outside of the blog, I am a contributor on The Mighty and have had my work published on ProHealth’s Inspirational Corner. I am also a member of the Chronic Illness Bloggers Network, which is home to some of the bravest and most beautiful souls I know.
This year I wrote an eBook titled Embracing the Raw: Pilgrimage of a Healing Heart. You can download a copy of it for free HERE!
Breathe in these free brain vibes!
Download your free eBook where I'll share 3 neuroplasticity-based techniques that you can use to help cool down your brain and support your health.
These practices have been a part of a huge shift in my own health and I want to share what I've learned to help YOU!
Get in Touch:
If you’d like to connect, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on my contact page. I look forward to hearing from you!
A Few Random Facts About Me:
- I am easily (VERY) excited by the tiniest good news. Ex: a brand new episode has been released of Jane the Virgin or Master Chef and gasps and clapping ensue.
- I LOVE sweet potatoes. Any way you want to cook them: I’ll eat them.
- Last year we miscarried our first baby and I have so much compassion for anyone else who’s faced this deep loss.
- My dog has been known to take up 30% of my Instagram pictures. Yes, I am that dog person. But no outfits. There I draw the line.
- My husband is my both my biggest fan and my greatest hero. He has championed beside me in my fight against Lyme so valiantly.
- I have a passion for authenticity, kindness and equality.
- Rehearsed phrases like “God doesn’t give you more than you can handle” make me cringe.
- I talk to inanimate objects. “Little sweet potatoes, how are we doing with our sunbathe (oven baking)?”
- I am a wanna-be gardener. LOVE plants, flowers, and trees… I just need to figure out how to not to kill them.